I’ve mentioned in the past that my owner loves reading books to inspire ideas for her gourmet dog treats She really does spend a lot of time pouring through pages, looking for information to make her line of homemade dog treats even more extensive.
We dogs have benefitted from her reading habit so much I thought I’d help you share this passion with your owners. From what I’ve seen here are some of her favorite books on dogs to turn to for information. These all hold a prominent place in her bookcase and show the tender signs of being lovingly reread multiple times so I know these are her top choices:
- The Natural Remedy Bog for Dogs and Cats by Diane Stein. Check it out on www.dianestein.net or www.amazon.com.
- Dog Owner’s Home Veterinary Handbook by James M. Giffin and Lisa D. Carlson.
- Through Deerhound Eyes by Roil Literati. This is just for any Scottish Deerhound lovers that may be out there.
- Choosing a Dog by Nancy Baer and Steve Dunn. This is an excellent summary of all the dog groups.
- Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Marty Becker, and Carol Kline.
Now that you know my owner’s favorite books to inspire her passion for making homemade dog treats, we’d love to hear about your favorite titles. Just comment below to share. Who knows, maybe your book suggestions will result in the creation of a whole new recipe for homemade dog treats. After all, we dogs deserve better and my owner loves to deliver!