I know you think I’m sleeping at the Bakery but believe me I hear almost every conversation you have with Stacey. We carry a lot of really unique collars at the store and today I thought I would talk about the three most common questions we get about collars.
- Why don’t you carry leather collars? Leather quality varies widely and to be a good collar for dogs only the best leathers should be used and this drives the price too high for most Customers. If your dog spends a lot of time around water (especially salt water) the collar will not last very long. If you have a dog that loves to get wet you should check out our Cycle Dog collars which are made from recycled bike tires. Wet doesn’t harm these collars. The biggest negative is leather collars usually use a buckle closure and in the opinion of Mum these closures are too dangerous. I think Mum has found a USA leather collar with a quick release, watch Facebook for more information. Please read question 2 about buckle closures.
- Why do all your closures have a quick release closure rather than a buckle closure? The one word answer is safety. Two of Mums dogs had buckle collars and were rough playing as us dogs will do. The problem is the buckles from each collar got caught and if Mum wasn’t there she might have lost one or both because they would have choked each other trying to get away.
- Are all your collars and leashes made in the USA? Yes. We believe the quality and designs are much better for USA made collars and our Customers are looking for quality and a great design to make their dog look good.
Thanks for listening. Time for me to get a Chicken MacKnight dog treat.
Every dog owner wants their dog to look great and be under control while walking with their owner. When I helped Mom start the Bakery we thought that dog collars and leashes offered at One Lucky Dog Bakery should be different than those our Customers could get at the big box Pet stores. We decided to go with USA collar manufacturers who supplied high quality collars that were unique but also reasonably priced. We now have ten (10) suppliers who give us great support and wonderful designs that are truly unique. We can supply:
- Nylon, Hemp, Rubber, and Cotton collars with quick release. Mom stays away from buckles because two of her dogs got connected at their buckles while playing and she fears if she wasn’t there to get them apart the result would not have been good.
- Martingale Collars – These are great for dogs like greyhounds who can lower their head and slip out of a normal collar.
- Leashes to match each collar in various lengths.
- Harnesses – Bring your dog to get properly sized.
- Slip lead leashes which serve as collar and leash for those quick runs to the car.
- We can even supply flowers for the girls and bow ties for the boys that attach to the collar for that special occasion.
- Collars that glow in the dark for those dark night walks in the winter.
- If you or your dog has a tie to England, Scotland, or Ireland we have some beautiful collars that really stand out.
Stop in with your dog to get properly sized and to make sure the color is perfect for his or her coat. It will also give you an excuse to pick up some dog treats. My favorite is Finn’s Chocolate Dream which are coming out of the oven right now. Time for me to do some counter surfing when Mom is waiting on a Customer. Wish me luck.